Cochrane Street Off Least Dog Park is located at the southern terminus of Cochrane Street, south of Winchester Road West (Highway 7) within the Heber Down Conservation Area.
Note: The Cochrane Street site requires all Off-Leash Dog and Trail users to pay for parking at the pay and display machine recently installed. An Annual Pass can also be purchased, which also covers all Central Lake Ontario Conservation Area parking fees and general admission fees for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
Code of Conduct
Your cooperation is required for the safety of everyone.
Users of the Off Leash Dog Parks do so at their own risk. Dog handlers are legally responsible for the safety, conduct, and any injuries or damage caused by the dog(s) under their care while in the Off Leash Dog Parks. Please ensure compliance with the following rules:
- Immediately pick up after your dog and dispose of waste in the designated containers;
- All dogs must be licensed and vaccinated;
- The dog(s) must be leashed before entering and immediately exiting the Off Leash Dog Park;
- A maximum of three (3) dogs per owner/handler are permitted in the Off Leash Dog Park;
- Dog handlers must be 16 years of age or older to use the Off Leash Dog Park;
- Small children are not allowed within the Off Leash Dog Park;
- Dogs in heat, sick dogs, and aggressive dogs are prohibited from the Off Leash Dog Park;
- Dog handlers must have the dog(s) under verbal control and within sight at all times;
- Dog handlers must not allow the dog(s) under their care to dig hole(s);
- Food and breakable containers are not permitted in the Off Leash Dog Park; and,
- Limit the use of toys and treats to aid in the avoidance of dog to dog conflict.
It is not advisable to bring:
- Puppies under the age of 4 months.
- Injured, stressed or older dogs with hip dysplasia or arthritis.