The McLaughlin Bay Wildlife Reserve, located behind GM Canada headquarters building, is open to the public for the enjoyment of wildlife habitat and day use activities.
- cross-country skiing
With almost 7 km of walking and cycling trails, the McLaughlin Bay Wildlife Reserve provides not only access to the varied habitats to explore and vistas to enjoy, but also serve to link existing trails from Darlington Provincial Park and the Second Marsh Wildlife Area.
- THE TRAIL THROUGH THE MCLAUGHLIN BAY WILDLIFE RESERVE IS A RECREATIONAL TRAIL. Use of this trail and the Reserve IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES OR DOGS PERMITTED. AREA IS RESTRICTED TO PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC AND CYCLISTS ONLY. Cyclists must always allow pedestrians the right-of-way.
- FISHING with a valid license is allowed. Do not leave behind hooks or lines.
- SWIMMING AND ICE-SKATING is done AT YOUR OWN RISK. No lifeguard on duty or supervision provided. ICE THICKNESS IS NOT MONITORED.
- NO HUNTING OR FIREWORKS. Possession and use of all firearms or fireworks is strictly prohibited.
- NO FIRES. Fires are strictly prohibited.
- NO ALCHOHOL, MARIJUANA OR ILLICT DRUGS.
- NO LITTERING OR DUMPING. Place your garbage in the trash bins provided.
- NO CAMPING. No camping allowed on the Reserve.
- NO EXCESSIVE NOISE. Excessive noise is not permitted.
- NO VANDALISM. Destruction or removal of any objects from the Reserve is prohibited.
- NO REMOVAL OF VEGETATION.
- NO FEEDING WILDLIFE INCLUDING SWANS, GULLS OR GEESE.
- NO VENDING, SOLICITING OR ADVERTISING.